Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Sad news: Sega Racing Studio closes it's doors


This is a serious post. I love Sega racing games. Always have. I've played a lot of arcade racers, but never felt anything that could be remotely compared to the kind of exhilaration that is present in titles like Sega Rally, Daytona USA, SCUD Race or Outrun 2. I don't know why, but there's something about these titles that screams pure fun and adrenaline and they're ultimately hard to let go once you start playing.

Which is why it pains me to know that Sega Rally Revo was a sales flop and Sega are shutting down the Sega Racing Studio on account of non profitability. What really scares me is that the brand name doesn't seem to carry the weight it once had and I'm afraid this franchise is now doomed to be left rotting in the depths of oblivion forever.

:(

No comments: